Skip to main content

Darcie Embossing Folders Samples for Sheena Douglas

Hi all

I was asked to make some samples for Sheena Douglas for her shows on Create and Craft using the new range of Darcie Embossing folders which can be purchased from Crafter’s Companion. I had the Birch Tree and Flames Folder to use.

I have made 6 samples in total.

The first three are made using the Birch Tree Folder.

Here’s the first one:

20120907_121124

I have used one of the Die’sire Dies from Crafter’s Companion and created a posy using some flowers and leaves from my stash of Wild Orchid Crafts flowers range. I have used ribbon and pearls from the ribbon box. The base card is a 5x7” scalloped edge from Papermania. I finally gave a the whole card a spray with Crafter’s Companion Spray and Sparkle Pink.

 

Here’s my second card:

20120907_121305

For this card I embossed some Core’dinations card stock and then gently rubbed over it with my silver ink it up pad and then sprinkled some snowflake sparkle heat it up embossing powder on. I must admit I like this effect, it’s the first time I have used it. I added some matt and layering with centura pearl and holographic card stock. I then used some of the toppers from The Snowman Range from Crafter’s Companion.

 

My third card:

20120907_121328

This card is a bit more simple using toppers from my stash, some ribbon and a few pearls from the Ribbon Box.

 

My second folder to use was the flames one.

My first card using this folder:

 20120907_121143

Again this is a simple card. I have stamped and coloured a SWALK image using Neenah Card and Spectrum Noir pens. Matt and layred using core’dinations and gold mirror cardstock. And added some candie gems and ribbon.

 

The second card:

20120907_121200

For this card I used the flames as an inspiration for a hot themed card!! I created the sentiment on my pc and used a couple of my spellbinders dies to build up the topper. I added some gems and ribbon. The matts and layers are core’dinations, gold mirror and centura pearl.

 

The third and final card.

20120907_121245

Now I like this card.

I have used an image from the Humphrey's Corner Crafting Collection CD from Crafter’s Companion. I mounted this onto some core’dinations cardstock which I had ran through the embossing folder and sanded. I matted this onto some gold mirror card.

I used some gold mirror card to make an A5 base. I have used a backing paper from the cd and matted this onto some red core’dinations. I created a border strip using some gold mirror card and my woodware border bunch and some ribbon from the ribbon box. I finally added some padded hearts from my stash.

Well I hope you like my cards and I will be back soon with more creatons.

Thanks Rachel

Comments

Zoe said…
What a beautiful selection of cards, I have to say though, the pink one is my fave xxxx
Doreen said…
Gorgeous Samples.xxx
sam said…
Wow Rachel such fantastic samples x
wow there all fantastic hun xxx
julie_woolston said…
Gorgeous cards Rachel.

Hugs Julie x
Chris said…
Gorgeous selection, the first is my favourite. Chris xx
Unknown said…
Great set of card, love the flower one.
Kaz.xx
Kate M said…
The pink one is my favourite too!!
Great set of cards!
Kate
xx
Wow youve been busy Rachel, all lovely :-) Elaine-xxx-
Cookie said…
wow wow wow FABULOUS, loving the folders but i'm loving what you've done with them more, xxxxx
Unknown said…
A lovely set of cards that show off embossing folders beautifully.
You must be proud to have them shown as part of Sheenas show.

Claire

Popular posts from this blog

In the Night Garden

This card is for an order I have been given. The lady wanted a card with an In the Night Garden theme and Igglepiggle for her Grandson. I found images on the internet and decoupaged the bottom pannel and added peel offs to this. Igglepiggle has been mounted onto white card which I have embossed using my dotty folder in my cuttlebug and then matted this onto co-ordinating blue card stock. The base card was from my cardstock stash which I have made a 21cm square card with. I then added peel off stars to finish the card off. Thanks for looking Hugs Rachel

Birthday Card Trio

 Hello all, I'm back again with another post for you. This time I've got three cards to show you.  These are all made with products from Crafter's Companion. The 1st is another dragon card made using one of the Lee Holland Dragon stamps. I love these little characters :) I've had coloured this using spectrum noir colour blend pencils. I just love how much of a fun looking card you can make with these stamps.    Next is a card made using a unicorn stamp. This has also been hand coloured with pencils. I've also used some backing papers and matt mirror and glitter card from Sara's Enchanted forest collection. Finally I've made a card using my Crafter's Companion BeBunni CD. It's a while since I've used this cd but I forgot how cute these little bunnies are.   All of the cards have been personalised with die cut numbers and letters for the names. Hope to see you all again soon. Rachel

Angelica and Friend’s Blog Hop

Hi all and welcome to this very exciting blog hop for the launch of the new range from Crafter’s Companion – Angelica and Friend’s which is the 4 Day Deal on Create and Craft this week. To say thank you to you all for hopping there way along everyone’s blogs there is a prize: ONE random commenter on ONE UK team member's blog will win ALL NINE stamp sets in the release (it's a prize worth over £35) You have until Wednesday 6th Feb to leave a comment, winners will be announced on the Crafter’s Companion News blog Thursday 7th February. There are many blogs you need to be hopping over to. If you have come from Taylor’s Blog Your going in the right direction.    Now it’s time for me to share with you my item I have created with this wonderful new range. I have used the stamp Just Like Mum to create a door plaque.      I have painted an MDF base plate with undercoat and primer and then several coats of Pewter Plasti-Kote Fast D